Tuesday, November 27, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 27: 80k and On My Way

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 27
Progress to Date:
81,944/50,000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
Tristan’s wings beat furiously as he slowed down and brought his bulk to rest in the sand, crushing large tumbleweeds beneath his feet. One wing decimated a many-limbed Joshua tree that looked to have stood in that spot for generations. Alex, still hovering, gave a snarl and something snapped around Tristan once again, a sensation that popped the air pressure in his ears. 

Daily Notes:
There comes a point when writing a big finale that the work sweeps you up, carrying you off like a twister to Oz. Or, in my case,  like the cow from Twister. Action and dialog pours out with a life of its own, unfolding like a movie playing in my mind so fast that my fingers can barely keep up. That's where I'm at, and it means I'm rapidly on the way to concluding the finale, writing the last two scenes, and finishing the book before midnight on November 30.

Probably the most gratifying of scenes to write in a dragon shifter romance are those where dragons and treasure and fair maidens and villains all collide. I was happy to pluck out a Favorite Line to share that contained no spoilers, because oh, baby, I'm in it now! Practically every paragraph reveals something that shouldn't simply be dropped into a blog quote.

Daily Word Count: 3,548 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #27: The daily truffle came this quote card from Barbara Becker Holstein: "...always glitter with a radiance that shines from deep within you."
You know, this advent calendar, along with two holiday movies based around advent calendars, has inspired me to come up with something similar for my daughter over the holiday season. (Ssh!)

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: