Tuesday, November 20, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 20: Validation and Phosphorescence

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 20

Progress to Date:
65030/50000


Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
“Can you come over to my place? We can talk freely here.”
“Yeah, I guess. You’re kind of freaking me out, Derek.”
“I’m not feeling great about this myself. How fast can you get here?”
“I just got in the car. Twenty minutes?”
“Good.” He paused. “I hope you’ve got an open mind, Jessica.”
Daily Notes:


Yesterday I confessed that I came down sick. And yes, I've been living on Kleenex, echinacea, soup, and honey-lemon cough drops. But who cares? Today is officially Validation Day, baby! This is the day that NaNoWriMo opens up the capability to validate word counts and declare winners of those who have crossed 50k.

I plugged in my novel first thing this morning, and the official winner page popped up with a congratulatory video and some other goodies. Okay, it's not a guy with cash at my door or a new car, but it's even better. It's validation of a job well done. And not to pat my own back, but this was the fastest I've crossed the 50k marker in this challenge...ever. A personal best when I'd been worried this would be the year I wouldn't finish at all, thanks to the new work commute.


Enough confetti tossing! I'm currently writing Chapter Twelve, where the hero's buddies are meeting with the heroine to make a rather awkward propsotion about the solution to the hero's dire dilemma. 

Daily Word Count: 2,539 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #20: Taaape! A roll of pretty decorative tape. Might come in handy with the holidays just ahead! And today's chocolate truffle. AND a quote card from none other than Emily Dickinson: "...find that phosphorescence, that light within..."  Oh, I'm fizzing today, baby. And it's not just that packet of Emergen-C that I plopped into my morning orange juice.

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: