Thursday, November 22, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 22: A Writer's Thanksgiving

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 22

Progress to Date:
68592/50000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
Let’s change the subject to something more pleasant, shall we? Like emeralds.” Jessica bent slightly to peer inside a case. “These are gorgeous.”
Tristan glanced at the matching bracelet and earrings. “Those are mediocre. The ones I have in the back are gorgeous.”
She smiled. “Oh? And does my dragon have a lot of treasure back there that a fair maiden might try on?”
He heard the rumble in response that wasn’t exactly a growl. It was more of a purr.

Daily Notes:

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the states! Writers all over are sitting down to a hot meal with family and friends, and us NaNoers are doing the same...with the addition of some writing sprints done before and after the feast.

Exhaustion claimed me last night, so I completely missed the group sprints. But I got back to Chapter Thirteen first thing this morning, while my husband is in charge of getting turkey in the oven and the usual side dishes prepped for a low key meal. Two different pies sit on the counter, awaiting dessert. I hope there's some left for me when I get home! I'm just about to leave for work, and some writing will hopefully occur in between bites of the cafeteria turkey dinner.

Currently, I'm working on a fun scene involving the hero and heroine at his jewelry store. I'm still navigating spoiler territory, but I managed to pick out a Favorite Line today. 

Daily Word Count: 1,566 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #22: Today's chocolate truffle was accompanied by a quote card from Andre Gide: "Dare to be yourself."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: