Sunday, November 11, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 11: Zooming Through the Weekend

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 11

Progress to Date:


Favorite Line Written Today: 
Alex looked around and called out, “Jessica? It’s all right to come out. We just want to talk.”
“Like that’s ever worked in any movie ever,” Tristan said. “You sound like a bad guy making up crap to lure her out of hiding.”

Daily Notes:
Happy Sunday! I'm writing this post all snug in my recliner. Outside, the wind is chilly and strong enough to have brought my daughter inside from her reading nook/tree fort. The scent of Sunday pot roast has wafted through the air since the wee hours, thanks to my husband's crock pot wizardry. 

Weekend Off continues, and I must say it's been quite good for my writing productivity. I've got mixed feelings as I sit here: the satisfaction of time well spent, pleasure that I have the rest of today to relax and write, and sadness that the weekend's racing by and Monday looms just over the horizon. Maybe I get that Sunday feeling even more because I only have every other weekend off.

Two group sprints and several personal ones pushed my count up over 35k for the challenge (insert fist pump here). I'm beginning to see announcements from fellow writers crossing the 50k mark, including one from my local write-in group. What an inspiration! 

I'm still writing Chapter Six, where the heroine is about to see the hero do something rather remarkable to help her out. You know how eager you can feel to get back to a book when you stopped on something of a cliffhanger? Writing can be a lot like that when characters have been left in some sort of drama or about to get into shenanigans. Which ideally is much of the time, but some writing projects work out that way more readily than others. And this one's been that way every time, guys. Every. Single. Time. Gotta love it!

Daily Word Count: 5,313 (since last post time...best day so far!)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #11: A chocolate truffle for the win, and today's quote card is from Andy Offatt Irwin: "Dont' be afraid to be amazing."


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: