Monday, November 12, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 12: Just Another Manic Monday

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 12

Progress to Date:
40327/50000

Favorite Line Written Today: 
Tristan was staring at that bowl, an eerie sight with his glowing eyes, and he bobbed his head like a bird. With his arms splayed out to the sides, he bent his knees, swaying side to side, opened his mouth, then let it almost unhinge. A ball of burning orange-yellow appeared at the back of his throat.

Daily Notes:


It's a cold Monday, with the dog tucked beside me beneath my blanket throw and me in my onesie and fuzzy socks. A glance out the sliding door shows the patio thermometer has edged its way up to 30 degrees. My coffee stayed hot for about five seconds before going Arctic, but caffeine buoys my writer's soul.

Two group word sprints last night, then I took the rest of the evening off to relax with the family, enjoy some cheesecake, and watch a few episodes of my latest binge, The Resident. Now, it's time now to pack up the Chromebook and make the commute down the hill. I'll get some words written here and there as I'm able. While I'll be working the next couple of days, it shouldn't be long before I hit the 50k mark, knock on wood.  

Meanwhile, the story is shaping up nicely. I've moved on to Chapter Seven, where the hero and heroine are dealing with much angst and tension--with themselves, each other, and the situation in general. Before my writing day concludes, things are about to heat up drastically. There are still ten more chapters planned in my outline, and I'm already at 40k. I expected each of the three books to be longer than the last because of the overall series arc. But edits later on will tighten things up and knock down some of the extra wordiness.

Daily Word Count: 3,890 (since last post time)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #12: I'll take along today's chocolate truffle to work for a mid-afternoon treat. Today's quote card is from Monica Bellucci: "Inside us there is everything. We just have to look for it."


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: