Thursday, November 15, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 15: Ladies and Gents, 50k

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 15

Progress to Date:
53022/50000


Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
Just as Tristan was pulling away, he glanced at the doorway and wished he hadn't. Jessica stood in front of the other two women. She was cradling her injured arm to her chest, looking so vulnerable. Almost as though she were hugging it because he’d held it too, wrapped it with all the tenderness a dragon on the verge of losing his composure could muster. Her expression read of hurt and betrayal, or so it appeared. She was probably just pissed that he’d showed up on her doorstep unannounced.

Daily Notes:
Toss the confetti, bust out the chocolate and sparkling cider! 50,000 words has occurred. I hit the target goal last night, so as of today, I'm writing over and above the word count suggested by the NaNoWriMo challenge. 

As soon as I hit the 50k mark, I paused for a little family celebration. And yes, we had sparkling cider, chocolate mug cakes, and some time out on the patio, sitting in the rocking chairs to enjoy the evening and the new holiday lights I'd put on our mini Christmas trees. Later, I was back at it with two nighttime group word sprints.

Even though I've beaten the National Novel Writing Challenge, my task is far from over. I crossed 50k in the midst of Chapter Nine...with a total of seventeen chapters outlined. Deeper into the chapter now, my character is about to come up with an idea that is dangerous and yet will unlock a dire piece of information on his current course of action. I hope to get more of that written before heading down the hill for a work shift.

I will continue posting daily updates until the end of November or until the book is finished, whichever occurs first. And my (new) goal is to finish the entire draft of seventeen chapters on or before the 30th. Onward and upward!

Daily Word Count: 6,558 (since last post time, jumping from my lowest count right into my highest for the challenge. Whee!)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #15: Along with my Daily Truffle, today's quote card is from D.M. Dellinger: "There is a magic about you that is all your own." Quite fitting for my dragon shifter character.


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: