Monday, November 19, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 19: The Big Sick

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 19

Progress to Date:
62491/50000


Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
“Everything is a risk,” Derek said. “Life is a risk. Love is a risk. Becoming the dragon...it’s not easy. It’s not clean or safe. But it is part of what we are.”
Daily Notes:
Well, it finally happened. After all the recent stress and working at a hospital during flu season, I wound up coming down with a cold. Time to bundle up with a box of tissues, chicken soup, and a Netflix binge, right? Nope! I'll pop on a face mask, power through the work day today and tomorrow, and get in some word count while I'm at it. My favorite Thai place is closed on Monday, dashing any hope of getting the Tom Ka soup I swear by when I'm sick. Instead, I'll fuel myself with a spicy ramen bowl and generous doses of liquid echinacea. I hope to beat this thing down quickly.

I've moved on to writing Chapter Eleven, where the hero and his dragon comrades have just had a very tense confrontation...and his buddies are cooking up something to do about it.

Daily Word Count: 3,978 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #19: Today's chocolate truffle came with a quote card from Edwin Elliott: "By being yourself, you put something wonderful into the world that was not there before."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: