Thursday, November 1, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 1: And So It Begins

I'll be posting daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Welcome! Here I'll post struggles, triumphs, and favorite lines written as I draft my new book, Heat of the Dragon. Plus, 
a new feature this year! A fellow NaNoer sent me a care package filled with tiny little numbered bags, and I get to open one each day in November. I'll post the day's goody as well.

I'm going to try to make it so updates are posted mid-to-late morning, after my big sprint of the day, but some might not post until evening or the next morning. Either way, be sure to drop by frequently to see the progress meter climb and to be among the first to read snippets of my book-in-progress. :) 

Daily Notes:


Got my writing gear fancied up and ready to rock!
Kickoff! This is my 12th NaNoWriMo, where writers of all ages and styles attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  As per my custom, I started right at midnight. It was especially fun since some locals up here in my new high desert area held an online word sprint. I was excited to find such an active NaNoWriMo group! I went to bed 2k words richer, then in the morning logged on to the group's chat room to find them about to start another sprint. Another 800 words done.

I'm headed to work soon and hope to sneak in a little writing during my lunch break. (See in the photo how I "dressed" the laptop for the occasion?) But for now, here


Daily Word Count: 3086

Daily Goody Treat:


How fun this was! After my second sprint, I rewarded myself by opening bag #1. There was an inspirational quote by Maya Angelou, a set of cute little post-it style mini flag/bookmarks, and a chocolate truffle (!!!) I'll be nibbling that little baby later at work for a boost when I try to sneak in some extra word count at dinner.


Progress to Date:

 


Favorite Line Written Today: 

...you’re getting damn scary with your clipper work. And I mean in that in the best possible way.


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: