Wednesday, November 7, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 7: Back in Gear

I'll be posting daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Throughout November I'm posting my daily updates and favorite lines written as I draft my new book, Heat of the Dragon. I'll also post the treat I got to open each day as part of my NaNoWriMo advent calendar box.


Daily Notes:
Day 7! A week of NaNo is already gone. It's hard to believe.
After yesterday's post about the whole flat tire debacle, I jumped in on two group word sprints while the smell of baked cookies scented the air. Fueled by the actual ingestion of said cookies, which my husband baked (Husband For The Win!), I got a fair amount of word count in and was in bed for sleep on the early side (for me, around midnight).

I woke up this morning and shifted back into gear with an a.m. writing session and a check-in with the local NaNo writers group. My hero and heroine are in the midst of a tension-filled reunion, and I have every intention of crossing 20k by my next post. 

Dare I mention there's another write-in today? This one's later tonight at Panera Bakery. Might make another attempt at it, stop by with the family for some soup, salad, and (word) smithery. Cross your fingers!

Daily Word Count: 2776 (since last post time)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #7: The absolutely necessary Chocolate Truffle happened and has already been devoured. Another treat was a little roll of tape with cute sayings on it, like Dream Big. Today's quote card is from Og Mandino: "Realize how good you really are."

Progress to Date:


Favorite Line Written Today: 
The window display included hanging strands of tiny red hearts, and the stock heavily favored engagement ring sets. She found herself afraid to draw too near, standing back to avoid getting too close to the reminder of how her love life had fizzled since The Big Disaster.

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: