Thursday, November 8, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 8: Write In Achievement Unlocked

I'll be posting daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Throughout November I'm posting my daily updates and favorite lines written as I draft my new book, Heat of the Dragon. I'll also post the treat I got to open each day as part of my NaNoWriMo advent calendar box.


Daily Notes:
It Has Happened! I made it to a write-in last night without any flat tires or other last-minute debacles. Several of us pulled out laptops, tablets, and even good old-school pen and paper and worked on our stories while nibbling some delectable treats at Panera Bread. (I had the autumn squash soup, and it was divine.) Several group and personal sprints throughout the day added to my word count, still more this morning during a load of laundry. The result: my best daily numbers for this year's NaNo so far. 

I'm well into Chapter Four now, where the main characters/love interests are about to be swept up in events outside their control. But first, mountain man/dragon shifter Alex is about to answer a phone call with his usual sarcasm.

Daily Word Count: 4,020 (since last post time)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #8: Chocolate Truffle du jour (sadly partly melted in transit) now sits happily in my belly. Today's quote card is from Sir Thomas Browne: "All the wonders you seek are within yourself."

Progress to Date:


Favorite Line Written Today: 
She had thought this encounter might be awkward, but downright frightening? What did she fear in being alone with him? That she might wish for things to be different now that they’d both grown up, or that he’d become something to run from?

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: