Wednesday, November 28, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 28: Windy Days and Writer's Ways

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 28
Progress to Date:
84,426/50,000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
Nope!

Daily Notes:

via GIPHY


Yesterday was another busy work day, but I managed to get my words in. Woke up this morning to strong winds outside, blowing leaves everywhere and threatening to take some of our holiday decorations with it. The dog doesn't even want to go out. Maybe today would have been a more fitting day to use yesterday's cow/tornado gif! 

I have completed the big climatic scene and am just starting on Chapter Sixteen. I hope to dive quite deeply into this one today since it's my day off.

No Favorite Lines can be shared at this point, sorry! I'll just say that I'm quite happy with how the last scene turned out. :)

Daily Word Count: 2,482 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #28: Another squishee! I've got a whole collection of them now. The daily truffle will be eaten as soon as I post this, and the quote card is from Robin Sieger: "Dream big, dare greatly, and shine brightly."  My husband and I also discussed the advent calendar idea for my daughter (inspired by these NaNo treat bags), and we want to do it! We'll spend some time today brainstorming ideas. Instead of "stuff" given each day, we want some simple, fun activities to do each day of the season (like baking cookies, doing a paint-by-number, family game night, etc.)  Not much time until December 1st to put it all together! 

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: