Thursday, November 29, 2018

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 29: Neither Rain Nor Work

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 29
Progress to Date:
87,377/50,000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
The roar grew louder, that of the dragon, and she heard the hiss of flame shooting into the sky. His claws raked the hood, and she covered her ears at the sound that grated like nails down a chalkboard. 
Daily Notes:
I use earbuds to listen to rain sounds when I sleep. This morning I took them off and the rain sounds were still going...outside my window. I love rainy days when I can snuggle up and write (or read), not quite so much when I have a work commute through the mountain pass. But neither rain nor work nor anything will stop me from getting some words in today, my friends. We're approaching the final stretch.

I've made it to the last chapter, so things are in good shape to wrap up the draft before the deadline. I managed to grab a Favorite Line for you today, and hopefully I'll have one on the final day tomorrow that's not too spoiler-laden.

Daily Word Count: 2,951 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #29: Only one more left! The daily truffle was accompanied by a quote card from Marlo Javidad: "Be strong, go with your heart, and believe in miracles because anything...anything can happen."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: