Friday, November 23, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 23: A Bookish Black Friday

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 23

Progress to Date:
69391/50000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
He watched Jessica in fascination, remembering that first day he'd seen her. The music and drums were what had drawn him to the football field, and then her presence had kept him there. His mate was dancing for him, and his pulse was speeding up, beating harder in tune to the drums.

Daily Notes:

My idea of the perfect Black Friday:

Another night of no group sprints, partly because when I checked in during my work break (fifteen minutes late), no sprints were running because of the holiday. That didn't stop me from adding some word count as a side dish to my turkey dinner, but I readily admit I less time tapping keys and more on forking up the turkey, yams, green beans, and a slice of pecan pie that was a little bit of heaven. So today's count is my first under 1k for the challenge. Still, not bad for a holiday...and I will surely cross 70k today. I will be working again, but sprints will happen...and a weekend off looms on the horizon.

I temporarily skipped ahead to working on Chapter Fourteen, a scene where our heroine is so distracted that it's interfering with work...and things are about to get a lot crazier. 

Daily Word Count: 799 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #23: Today's chocolate truffle was accompanied by a quote card from J.K. Rowling: "We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: