Tuesday, November 13, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 13: The Final 5k

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 13

Progress to Date:
45258/50000


Favorite Line Written Today: 
Her hand slipped over his snout, and she leaned closer to run it between his eyes. They closed for a moment when she did, and opened again when she drew her touch back down over the velvety snout.

His eyes were massive while they regarded her, as big as her head, but they were bright green and…Tristan’s. She felt him in there, although there was a curious sense that he was not alone. He was a dual soul, he and the dragon fused into two individual and yet connected beings.

Daily Notes:


Barely managed a group sprint last night since work was crazy, but I got more word count in at break time and this morning.

I was hoping to make a write-in, but it was across town and would have involved zipping back and forth and back again in time to do the work commute thing. Sad faced but resolute, I checked in with the group "virtually" instead.

I crossed 45k this morning, meaning less than 5k left to beat the challenge. I'm working on Chapter Eight, where the characters have just met up while Beauty is attempting to tame the Beast, so to speak. It's a fun scene to write, and as soon as I post this I'll be off to my drive down the mountain pass so I can pick things up on the other side.

Daily Word Count: 4,937 (since last post time)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #13: I'll take along today's chocolate truffle to work for a mid-afternoon treat. Today's quote card is from Marcus Aurelius: "Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: