Saturday, November 17, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 17: A Working Weekend

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 17

Progress to Date:
58513/50000


Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
...he took her hand and held it up. His warm hand seared her while his fingers traced the spot that no longer hurt. Although it tingled like crazy with him stroking it.
“It’s fine now,” she said, pulling back. She wasn’t. Her heart was beating wildly. Could a dragon shifter hear something like that? 

Daily Notes:
Yesterday's day off was just what I needed, helping me unwind and rejuvenate for my working weekend. While I played hooky from the group word sprints last night (promising to rejoin tonight), I got my word count in and have moved on to Chapter Ten. I'm raring to go and eager to get through this fun chapter and into the next.

I'm currently working on a scene where the hero has showed up to the heroine's job for a quick chat...just in time for a rival suitor to arrive and throw a wrench on things.

Daily Word Count: 4,193 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #17: The daily truffle of goodness was accompanied by this quote card from Marianne Williamson: "...as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: