Friday, November 30, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 30: Did I Finish the Book?

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 30
Progress to Date:
90,491/50,000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
There was this brief flicker, almost a reflection, of Alex's eyes brightening to silver. The glimmer of his scales was evident behind momentarily translucent flesh. Then it faded.
Daily Notes:
This is it, dear readers...the final day of November's 2018 novel challenge. And at 11 a.m. PST, I wrote two words that always bring mixed emotions: The End.

I say mixed emotions because it's a good feeling to accomplish the completed draft, to know that the story is on paper (or computer). But it's bittersweet to type those words, the point in which you as the writer acknowledge that it's time to leave characters you've come to know and love behind.

It's not as if I'm done with the book, though. Tomorrow is December 1, and along with other local NaNo writers, we will be delving into edits. The manuscript will barely have time to cool off before a quick surface proofreading, a necessary first step before I put the book into my text-to-speech app. Then I'll have it read aloud to me during my work commute.

It's been a thrill to share my progress with you each day this NaNo season, and while I'm "signing off" from the challenge, I'll be hard at work readying the book for final editing, cover design, and formatting. If all goes, well, Heat of the Dragon will release by or before March.

Daily Word Count: 3,114 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #30: The final bag contained a lovely little scented candle, along with the daily truffle and a quote card from Sam Friend: "There is in each of us so much good that if we could see it glow, it would light the world."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.



~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: