Friday, November 9, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 9: Halfway to 50k

I'll be posting daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Throughout November I'm posting my daily updates and favorite lines written as I draft my new book, Heat of the Dragon. I'll also post the treat I got to open each day as part of my NaNoWriMo advent calendar box.


Progress to Date:


Favorite Line Written Today: 

...he pressed the gas pedal and shot forward. The engine roared ahead, and when he had pulled well in front of the traffic flow in an isolated stretch of desert, he opened his mouth and let out a roar of his own. He drove until sunset dipped into night, until he was calm enough to put the convertible's top back up and take off the sunglasses that had hidden his blazing, green dragon eyes. 

Daily Notes:


There was no excitement today like flat tires or write-ins, but it was a big day nonetheless! I managed to cross the halfway mark: 25k of the 50k goal. To celebrate, I went out shopping with the family. Everyone got shoes, and I got the most gloriously soft, knee-length wrap sweater with cozy, extra long sleeves. Just in time, since temperatures are expected to drop below freezing. 

More group sprint fun added to the count, and had I realized what the daily count would be I would have typed a couple extra words for good measure! But now, after a wonderful three days at home, I'm headed down the hill for work. Just for today, though, and then I have the weekend off.

I'm currently writing Chapter Five, where my heroine is eavesdropping on a very curious conversation. Things are about to take an exciting turn, so I'm looking forward to the next writing session.

Daily Word Count: 4,998 (since last post time...2 more words to a 5k day!)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #9: Chocolate Truffle du jour (sadly partly melted in transit) now sits happily in my belly. Today's quote card is from Terri Guillemets: "Let the rays of your heart shine on all who pass by."



About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: